The 2012 Civilian Methuen will be held on Sunday 1st July immediately after the Imperial CSR National Championships.
Longmoor is the only range where it is possible for us to practice the disciplines required for this match and there are only two Longmoor days before the Methuen itself:
We will devote these days to practicing the skills needed in the Methuen match and will run the following courses of fire:
3rd June 2012: Individual Stage Practice (0900 Start)
- 300x Harrassing Fire (2 sighters + 10 shots in 60s from prone position, starting standing)
- 300x-100x Run Down (300x 2 shots prone from standing, 200x 2 x 2 shots sitting, 100x 2 x 2 shots standing)
- 200x Rapid (10 shots in 40 seconds, sitting from standing 5 shots per target)
- 100x CQB (1 shot standing followed 2 seconds later by 1 shot kneeling, 10 shots in total)
- Time Permitting: 300x Snaps (1 shot per exposure prone, 10 random exposures of 3 seconds)
The aim is to allow each shooter to shoot each stage twice if they wish. In order to achieve this, zeroing will be limited to 300x only and initially conducted as part of the first stage - Harrassing Fire. PLEASE ENSURE YOU KNOW YOUR 300yd SIGHT MARK.
10 June 2012: Dress Rehearsal (0900 Start)
- A full course of fire under 'match conditions'
NOVICES: Novices are welcome on both days as on any other LPSC range day, however please accept that the emphasis will be on developing and practicing the specific skills for each stage and we will not have the time to give basic rifle instruction. Novices with basic rifle skills are encouraged to attend the Methuen practice as LPSC is committed to fielding 3 teams of 6 shooters in the event and whatever your level of skill the Methuen itself is always an excellent event to participate in.
- Please allow extra time to checkin at the main security gate
- These days will start at 0900 on the 300yard firing point
- We will try to run as many lanes as possible so please be prepared to do more than one butt duty during the day